How to judge whether the water softener resin is contaminated?
If the water softener resin is polluted, it will inevitably affect the quality of the effluent, so preventing resin pollution is also an important task. The following is an introduction to the methods of identifying softening resin pollution and the measures to prevent resin pollution.
How to tell if the softened resin is contaminated?
1. Observe the color of the resin. The color of the contaminated resin will change. From the appearance, the color will become darker, darker, dark reddish brown or black.
2. Resin exchange capacity decreases significantly, resin strength becomes lower, water production during work decreases significantly, and regeneration is difficult; the cause of pollution may be high iron content in water source water (>0.3 mg/l) or poor corrosion protection of old steel water treatment equipment.
3. The quality of effluent water deteriorates, which is manifested by the decrease of PH value, the increase of electrical conductivity, and the deterioration of effluent water quality. The performance is that the pH value of the effluent decreases, the conductivity increases, and the water output of "sodium leakage", "hard leakage" and "silicon leakage" increases significantly.
4. Analyze the iron content in the resin. Since iron pollution is the most common, the iron content in the resin can be analyzed. If Fe<0.01%, there is no iron pollution. If fe>0.1%, it means serious pollution.
5. Prolonged cleaning time and increased cleaning water volume also mean that the resin has been polluted.
6. Caused by corrosion:
Precautionary measures: For source water with high iron content, it cannot directly enter the exchanger, but must be treated for iron removal before ion exchange.
7. Pollution from active residual chlorine:
Excessive residual chlorine in source water (>0.5 mg/l) will cause damage to the resin structure. After "poisoning", the color of the resin will become lighter, the transparency will increase, the volume will increase, and the strength will decrease rapidly. The resin is broken, but the resin exchange capacity does not decrease initially.
Through the above phenomena, we can judge whether the softened resin has been contaminated, and decide whether to replace the resin according to the situation.
If you want to know more about water treatment, please contact us. We are a professional manufacturer of water treatment equipment, professional water pollution treatment and suitable solutions. KNOW MORE